Why choose second citizenship?
With the rise of globalisation the need to travel and communicate freely throughout the world is more vital than ever before.
For some, this is no issue. Many nation’s passport holders are free to travel from country to country, often without the need for a visa and with minimal time-consuming customs checks. For others however, this is not the case. While the world’s strongest passports unlock unrestricted travel to over 150 countries, for others this number can be less than 30.
Where your passport ranks doesn’t only affect where you can go on holiday. It can also have a huge impact on your personal and professional life – influencing where you can live, trade, work, invest and travel. Thanks to citizenship-by-investment, this no longer has to be the case.
NGE is a world-class provider of second citizenship and residency options tailored to the individual needs of discerning clients across the globe. We deliver proven bespoke investor programmes and services and practical support every step of the way.
We’ll help you create the opportunities you need to discover personal and professional freedom today, whilst securing your family’s future for tomorrow.
Personal Benefits of second citizenship
It should come as no surprise that the number of people with second citizenship has risen sharply – up from 154.3 million in 1990 to 231.5 million in mid-2013. The benefits of second citizenship are enormous:
- Improvement in quality of life: Second citizenship offers the chance to live and work in a range of prosperous global locations.
- Safety and security: The majority of countries offering citizenship-by-investment are among the safest in the world. If you are in danger of persecution or discrimination in your home country, second citizenship offers a route out for you and your family.
- Economic and political stability: Citizenship-by-investment tends only to be offered by countries that are on a sound political and economic footing. Second citizenship can offer an insurance policy against such instability in your country of origin.
- Greater opportunities for you and your family: Many second citizenship programmes allow your spouse and any dependent children to live, study and work in your chosen country and beyond – potentially opening up some of the world’s best hospitals, schools, colleges and universities.
- Increased global mobility: Most second citizenship programmes offer passports that open up visa-free and visa-on-arrival travel to 100+ countries – many over 150. Many European programmes also allow you to live, work and travel freely throughout the entire EU.
Business benefits of second citizenship
The world of international business is not without it’s challenges. Every day you must contend with fluctuating exchange rates, volatile markets, economic and political changes and the difficulty of working across multiple time zones.
For many international business people however, there is another factor that can limit global opportunity: citizenship.
When making deals with every corner of the world, you need to be able to travel and trade across international markets with little hassle. However, depending on the type of passport you hold, this is not always the case. Your passport impacts where you can form new partnerships, invest in new opportunities and even where you can travel for meetings, trade shows, and other networking events.
Citizenship-by-investment helps you overcome this problem – unlocking a world of investment and business opportunities in some of the most lucrative markets around the globe.
Global mobility has never been of greater importance in the business world. A recent PricewaterhouseCoopers survey found that 98% of global executives believe it to be essential to doing business. Citizenship-by-investment affords you global mobility like nothing else – serving up business opportunities that are simply not possible without it.
- Freedom to travel: Second citizenship can unlock visa-free and visa-on-arrival access to over 150 countries worldwide – allowing you to travel freely for meetings, expos, site visits, and more.
- Access to new markets: Citizenship-by-investment opens up new markets that may have been inaccessible previously. For example, some European citizenship programmes allow you to live, work and trade freely throughout the EU.
- Investment opportunities: Many countries have rules in place regarding who can invest in their nation’s businesses, markets and real estate. As a second citizen you are afforded the same investment rights as a citizen from birth – opening up new business opportunities outside your country of origin.
- Tax benefits: Second citizenship allows you to take advantage of some of the world’s most lucrative tax regimes, protecting both your personal and business income.
- Insure against instability: By registering your business overseas in a politically and economically safe country, you can protect your assets against any instability that may arise in your country of origin.